Here’s what to say about architecture software for home designing
Before you can start building your dream home, it must first be put on paper. All technical data and aesthetic components are taken into account on this plan. However, you have to ask yourself the question: Do you want to involve an architect in the planning or do you prefer to visualize your dream home, including all the extras, yourself? For the latter, you need 3D architecture software.
Plan your garden, house and furnishings
Before you decide for or against a 3D software for creating the house plan, the various advantages and disadvantages must be weighed. The advantage here is obvious. Because in cooperation with an architect, details that require expert knowledge can be implemented or edited more easily. Installations in the kitchen, bathroom or even on the terrace have to meet various requirements. Did you know, for example, that there is no electrical installation 60 centimeters around a shower or bathtub?
Regardless of this, there are only advantages in independent planning with innovative software. These relate to the factors of time, money and individuality. Because planning on your own
- Saves money: Draw your house plan yourself, save yourself the costs for the architect. Planning in particular is one of the cost-intensive activities of professionals, which is why you can save money here. Finally, to be on the safe side, your architect only has to check the plan and make changes if necessary.
- Saves time: The planning and construction of a house are known to be cost-intensive. However, they are just as time consuming. In order to design the home of your dreams, an architect would have to keep drawing new plans and changing them according to your wishes. Appointments have to be organized for this process and you will certainly plan a few hours. With one piece of software, however, you can create one from a single source, anytime and anywhere.
- Enables the highest level of individuality: With versatile software you can make your craziest living dreams come true. Different functions and tools help, which also provide additional creative input.
Find the right software for your construction project
If you have decided to plan the house yourself, you need the right software in the next step. After all, the Internet is full of countless programs that should help you design your dream home. However, that does not mean that all of these programs are suitable. Some software is not much more suitable for drawing a real building project. So that you do not realize in the middle of the planning process that the selected software does not fulfill the desired functions, we have put together a few points. These describe the minimum requirements for innovative architecture software and show you what to look out for.
- 3D and 2D modes: This point is essential and is still not taken into account by some software. The selected program must be able to work in both 2D and 3D. This guarantees the accuracy and logical structures in the plan. How to draw the floor plan in 2D and implement the design ideas in 3D.
- Ease of use: Software can have the most exciting tools – if you can’t use them or find them, you won’t get them anywhere. The selected program must therefore have a user-friendly interface and be intuitive to use.
- Room planner: Once your house is in place and equipped with any elements such as doors, windows, stairs, etc., you should be able to furnish it. This is how you get a realistic picture of your dream home. In addition, various living objects already generate the feeling of life on the screen. So, maybe by setting up you can find a few flaws in your plan. Even if this is not the case, an integrated room planner is simply suitable for implementing various living concepts.
- Object catalog: In addition to setting up the rooms, the software should also contain various objects. An extensive library with lots of furnishings and inventory, such as plants, is best. At the same time, the individual design is important. Therefore, generators and customization options should be available with which you can change colors, materials and textures.
Eligibility to work with architects: Although you have created the plan, you still need to work with an architect. They can only control your finished plan if it is compatible with and can be integrated into other programs.
- Customer service: Customer service should not be underestimated when choosing the right 3D architecture software. If problems arise, solutions must be easy to find. There should be a combination of existing assistance, for example video instructions or manuals, and individual assistance, for example customer service over the phone.
Use free planning software?
Building a house is expensive, so try to avoid other costs as much as possible. Don’t skimp on the wrong corners, however! When looking for architecture software, you will also come across free offers. This price is usually also noticeable in the range of functions and the quality of the program. So it can happen that the presentation looks dry and unrealistic. More often, however, it is the case that you cannot stop planning in the first place. In the middle of the planning process, you will come to the conclusion that important functions are missing. This applies, for example, to the individual construction of roofs or the furnishings. Regardless of the missing function, a lot of time has passed by then and you will not get it back.
Create plans like a pro with affordable software for laypeople
If you have noticed that free software usually does not meet the desired requirements, look further at inexpensive programs. Here you come in a good direction. Because you will find some software that has numerous functions, can also be used by laypeople and yet draws floor plans that meet all building standards. Of course, these programs cannot be compared with the architect’s software, which sometimes costs hundreds and thousands of euros. However, they can hold a candle to them and are always sufficient for drawing an extensive plan.
Most of the time, you don’t have to invest directly and be surprised. In the test versions, for example, you can have access to a wide variety of functions for 24 hours and thus get a feel for the program.
What are the minimum requirements for a 3D architecture software?
When looking for the right software, always keep an eye out for certain features. Some programs may have special features, but they don’t even meet the minimum requirements. We have listed a few points that the respective program must include.
Minimum requirements for the basic structure
It must be possible to easily do the following:
- Design and drawing of various wall types
- Creation of ceiling tiles and the customization of their texture
- individual construction of roofs
- optional addition of roof elements such as windows or solar panels
- Construction of chimneys, stairs and Co.
- Creation of multi-layer walls
- Minimum requirements for room design
After you have finished building your dream home, breathe a little life into it. For this, the selected program must contain at least the following points:
- Catalog with extensive inventory for setting up or completing the plan
- Simple insertion of objects using drag and drop
- Individual design of walls and ceilings including cutouts or slots
- Individual design of doors and windows
Other architectural software requirements
Other functions that the selected software should definitely include are the following:
- Choice between different types of terrain
- Object generator in 3D (design various elements or furnishings yourself)
- Individualize objects (texture, color and material)
- Automatic calculation of living space and other important dimensions
- Integrate third-party 3D objects
- House planning without limits
It is important that the architecture software you choose does not set any limits when it comes to designing your dream home. Specifically, the construction of an infinite number of walls, roofs and floors should be possible.
The dream house from all angles
For a clear design and planning of your house, you must be able to see it from all angles and corners. The work process should also take place in different views, with constructive work being carried out in 2D and creative work in 3D. In addition, there must be different sections and side views.
Work in layers
When creating your dream house, you should be able to work in layers or foils. These represent their own levels in which you can carry out all kinds of plan drawings. The individual slides can in turn be shown and hidden, so you always have an overview. If you have used different methods or concepts in the different layers, you can switch all slides to visible. As a result, you are given a complete overview of all ideas and you have a direct comparison in front of you.
Construct the construction plan for the building application
Is your dream home – at least on the screen? However, certain requirements must be complied with for the annex to the building application. The construction plan must be in DIN A1 and also contain a compilation of the plan including side views, sections and any 3D visualization. The chosen architecture software should be able to put these things together automatically and by itself.
Generate individual 3D objects
For the highest degree of individuality, you should also be able to easily construct 3D objects yourself. This is particularly beneficial when planning certain elements, such as a carport, garage or loggia. This generator should also be easy to understand in order to enable the objects to be individually designed.
Realistic representation through light and shadow
In order to get a feeling for the planned house, a few things have to be considered in the representation. Innovative software therefore automatically calculates incidence of light and shadows, with the focus on ambient shadows. This is important when planning the house in the sense that you ensure brightness through lighting elements or the smart positioning of windows.
Cooperation with architects: import of the data
After you have completed the independent house planning, the floor plan and co. Must now be checked by your architect. However, in order for them to have access to the plan, its format must simply be compatible. When choosing the software, pay attention to the interfaces. They usually include:
- For 2D: 2D DWG (AutoCAD) and 2D DFK format
- For 3D: OBJ, SketchUp, 3DS and 3D-DXF
Modern development environment (microsoft.net)
Old programs, old versions and, as a result, an old programming language cause possible errors in the display of the software. It is possible that the operating system can no longer start them or does not support all functions. Therefore stick to modern programs with the latest versions.
Extensive customer support
Before you decide on home planner software, find out about any customer support. Even if the program itself is very easy to use, problems can always arise. In these cases you need to be prepared and able to find solutions easily. For this reason, the software should also provide an extensive help area and provide contact with customer service.
For laypersons and professionals: usable by everyone
The program should be easy to use and still meet all the requirements of a professional house planner. That’s why the architect has to find a good middle ground between sparse and highly professional software.
On your own: carry out house planning intuitively and easily
We have summarized all the points you need to consider when looking for the right software. However, you can also shorten this search and use the ArCADia BIM 3D Architect directly.
The ArCADia BIM 3D Architect is the innovative software for planning and designing your dream home. It contains all the minimum requirements for extensive architecture software and more. Accordingly, it is also suitable for private builders and architects alike and is available for download directly online.
Good price-performance ratio: Working with the ArCADia BIM 3D architect
The decisive argument for using the ArCADia BIM 3D Architect is its excellent price-performance ratio. Because we offer it to you for direct download at an unbeatable price. Once you have it, you can easily and intuitively create your dream home. Thanks to the extensive functions, you can implement all ideas and ultimately get professional results. These aspects are only confirmed by the object generator in 3D or the numerous auxiliary tools for the construction of roofs and the like. The house plan, which you create with our software, forms the ideal basis for further processing by the architect.
You have questions? Then simply contact us by email and we will answer your request!